Sunday 11 April 2010

Message in a Cookie

I am completely in love with my new purchase from Williams-Sonoma - message-in-a-cookie cutters.


The kit contains 3 plastic cutters and 7 pre-made words (Welcome, Happy, Birthday, Holidays, Thank You, From, I Love You), 3 sets of alphabet letters and some extra vowels and other commonly used letters.

One of my friends was recently in an accident so I thought these cutters would be a great way to send him wishes for a speedy recovery. I made chocolate sugar cookies then embossed them with 'Get well soon'. Here's how they turned out:

and the rest of them......

You can serve the cookies plain, or embellish them with piped royal icing designs or flowers, as I did.

Happy baking x

2 comments:

  1. Apparently Williams-Sonoma have currently sold out of these cookie-cutters. I've seen quite a few available on ebay if you want to get a set sooner rather than later x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    Not sure if you remember me. This is Tiffany from the National Cookie Network. You were part of my cookie baking challenge which I had to end rather abruptly in January. My apologies.

    I just wanted to let you know that I'm back to blogging and will be hosting the contest featuring your cookies on April 16th.

    Please encourage people to vote for your cookies!

    Take care,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete